1) Access into the house is from a level pathway which leads from Church Walks with one step up into the entrance.
2) The front door leads from an entrance vestibule into the main level hallway.
3) Access to the dining room is from the main hallway on the ground floor with no steps into the room.
4) No dogs except guide and other assistance dogs will be allowed into the dining room.
5) Due to the layout of the building there are no ground floor bedrooms.
6) All bedrooms are on the first and second floors via well lit stairs. There are small landings halfway between each main landing.
7) There is no lift.
8) The stairs are well lit and have contrasting colours between walls and floor coverings.
9) The breakfast menu is not printed in Braille but we are more than happy to go through the menu verbally or supply a large print copy on request.
10) We are more than happy to assist with any luggage.
11) Rooms 1 and 2 are on the first floor and have en-suite bathrooms with showers over the bath. Rooms 3 and 4 are on the second floor and have en-suite shower rooms. All rooms are equipped with suitable non-slip mats for use in bath or shower. They have cordless kettles and remote control digital TV’s. All TV's have sub title facilities. There are typed instructions on ‘how to operate’ the TV or we are happy to demonstrate this.
12) All bedrooms have the regulation red display notices which should be hung on the outside of the door alerting the proprietors that the occupant may need help in the event of an emergency.
13) Details of how to contact the owners of Vine House in the event of a medical emergency are displayed in the room.
14) There is no car parking at Vine House. All parking is on street and is on a first come first served basis. If the owners car is parked outside we will move this if requested.
THE OWNERS OF VINE HOUSE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO OFFER YOU THEIR ASSISTANCE .